Getting a work permit isa a game-changer for undocumented immigrants. It can open doors to amazing job opportunities, better and higher wages, and a more stable future for immigrants and their families.
If you’re an undocumented immigrant wondering how to get a work permit, here are the things and some tips that you have to know to increase your chances of acquiring one!
- Know that there is NO WAY FOR YOU TO SIMPLY BUY or APPLY for a work permit. You may apply for a work permit when you also qualify for another immigration remedy.
- NEVER falsify documents, identities, or claim citizenship in order to obtain a work permit.
- Know your options in getting a work permit. There are several ways for undocumented immigrants to obtain a work permit. These include applying for VAWA, T VISAS, U VISAS, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), Temporary Protected Status (TPS), Asylum and so much more!
- Gather your documents before finally taking the step to acquire a work permit. To apply for a work permit, you will need to provide documentation that proves your identity and eligibility. This may include:
- Birth certificate
- And other forms of identifications that you possess
You may also need to provide evidence of your immigration status and any criminal background checks.
- There is a fee to apply for a work permit. It’s true that it requires a fee but as mentioned previously, keep in mind that NO ONE CAN PURCHASE A WORK PERMIT FOR YOU. If someone approaches you and says that they can produce a physical paper and insists that it is the work permit you paid for, it’s NOT LEGITIMATE. Getting a work permit requires fees so, if you are dreaming of having one, try your very best to prepare for the fees. There are times where one may be eligible for a fee waiver or reduced fee.
What are the steps you have to take to get started?
First step is to contact our office for a free case evaluation by dialing 630-504-0648 or sending us a message on our social media pages. Once you contact us, we will help you determine if you are eligible to fix your status or apply for a work permit. During this stage, we would be needing your help on filling out the application/s.
Once we have determined that you are eligible for any visa or conditions, paying the fees will be the next step. Remember, there is a fee to apply for a work permit, so try your very best to prepare the necessary funds available. In some cases, you may be eligible for a fee waiver or reduced fee.
Waiting for a decision will be the next step for you. After submitting your application, you will need to wait for a decision from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This can take several months, so you have to be very patient with the process.
Start working legally in the United States! Once you receive your work permit, you can start applying for jobs and working legally in the United States. Congratulations will be the words that you will hear over the next few days upon receiving your work permit!
Benefits of Having a Work Permit in the U.S.
Getting a work permit as an undocumented immigrant can be a challenging process, but it is worth the effort. The benefits it can provide can be your gateway and access to a better quality of life.
With a work permit, you can help you:
- Pursue your career goals
- Consistently provide for your family
- Get better benefits from your employment
- Contribute to your community
Don’t be afraid to seek help and support along the way. There are many organizations and resources available to assist undocumented immigrants in their quest for a better future. Remember that Qazi Law is here to help you every step of the way during your work permit application’s journey. Call our office for a free case review and/or to book a consultation with our immigration lawyer. Don’t worry, calling our offices is absolutely free.
Follow us on social media to learn more about what we do and check out our daily updates and trivia about immigration-related topics, questions, and trends.
Facebook: Qazi Law Offices
LinkedIn: Qazi Law offices