How Can Your Partner Qualify for a K-1 Visa (Fiancé Visa)?

The K-1 visa, also known as the fiance visa, is a nonimmigrant visa that allows U.S. citizens to bring their foreign fiance(e) to the United States for the purpose of getting married. Once the marriage takes place, the foreign fiance(e) can apply for permanent residency and eventually become a U.S. citizen. The K-1 visa is a popular option for couples who want to get married in the United States but live abroad.

Who is eligible to apply for a K-1 visa or fiance visa?

K-1 Visa

If you’re a U.S. citizen planning to marry someone from another country, you may be eligible to bring your fiancé(e) to the United States on a K1 visa, also known as a Fiancé Visa. This visa allows your fiancé(e) to enter the U.S. and stay for a limited period, usually 90 days, during which you must get married. However, if you plan to get married outside the United States, a K1 visa may not be necessary.

At Qazi Law Offices, we understand the complexities of immigration law and have helped many couples successfully obtain K1 visas. Our experienced immigration lawyer and legal team in the U.S. will guide you through the application process and provide expert advice to ensure the best possible outcome.

What are the requirements for a K1 visa?

  • You must be a U.S. citizen

To apply for a K1 visa, you must be a U.S. citizen. If you are not a citizen, you will not be able to sponsor your fiancé(e) for this visa.

  • You must have met in person

You must have met your fiancé(e) in person at least once within the past two years, unless you can prove that meeting in person would cause extreme hardship.

  • You must be legally free to marry

Both you and your fiancé(e) must be legally free to marry and not currently married to anyone else.

  • You must meet the financial requirements

You must prove that you meet the minimum income requirements to support your fiancé(e) during their stay in the United States.

  • You must file the necessary paperwork

You must file a petition for a K1 visa with USCIS and provide supporting documentation, such as proof of your relationship and financial support.

Are you ready to apply for a K1 Visa (Fiance Visa)?

Attorney Farrah Qazi is well-versed in the K1 visa application process and can assist you every step of the way. We have helped couples with their K1 Visa and we are also here to help you! From preparing your petition, gathering the necessary documentation, and representing you and your fiancé(e) during the interview process- we are here to ensure you don’t have to worry about being miles apart again!

If you believe you are interested or in need of assistance with a K1 visa or any other immigration inquiries, simply call our office at 630-504-0648. You may also message us on Facebook or Instagram and we’ll be happy to assist you! Remember that Qazi Law is here to help you every step of the way during your K1 visa application’s journey.

Follow us on social media to learn more about what we do and check out our daily updates and trivia about immigration-related topics, questions, and trends.

Facebook: Qazi Law Offices

Instagram: AbogadaFarrahQazi

LinkedIn: Qazi Law offices